Error Creating SOAPMessage Base: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

richard_t
Ebase User

Error Creating SOAPMessage Base: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.

Postby richard_t » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Hello

I've recently been involved with upgrading a Lagan Frontline installation from version 6.0.1 to version 6.0.2. All went well until our customers tried their ebase forms within Frontline. The form displays, but when trying to submit the form, our customers get the following error message:
An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Error detail message:

********************************************************************************
* Error Creating SOAPMessage Base: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl *
********************************************************************************

On submission the form calls two Lagan Frontline webservices. These have been implemented as Custom Resources and where working before the upgrade to Frontline. The forms are nothing to do with us, having been developed by our customers themselves.

Using tcpTrace I can see that the calls never make it out of eBase.

There is nothing in the execution log within ebase. Is there anywhere else I can look for clues as to why this has stopped working.

Many thanks

Version information from ebase (client designer)

Version 3.3
Service Pack 1
Build 10082007
Appl. Server Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
Server Java 1.5.0_02 (Sun)
Client Java 1.5.0_02 (Sun)
0 x

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am

Richard,

Without knowing the code for the Custom Resource, it's difficult to diagnose the problem but there are a few things which will have changed with the upgrade on the Lagan side, which may be affecting you.

There are changes to some Lagan web service calls between 6.0.1 and 6.0.2, which affect the request / response document structure for the SOAP calls. This is the most likely reason for the failure. The WSDL has definitely changed between the 2 releases.

Which SOAP call(s) are working and failing ?

Which build are you upgrading from and to on Lagan ?
e.g. 6.0.1.??? to 6.0.2.???, as there are various bugs which may be fixed / introduced at each build. ( I seem to remember the web services being quite buggy around those releases ).

Can you make the web service calls successfully, without using Ebase ?
e.g. use a client such as SOAPUI ( www.soapui.org ) as this would confirm that the web service is working correctly.

Have the local config files been checked on the Lagan Web Service server, to ensure that any changes have been carried forward since the upgrade ?
e.g. in webapps\flweb\WEB-INF\classes\config\*.properties and webapps\flweb\WEB-INF\classes\*.properties
(This would affect security config on the server which may have inadvertantly changed with the upgrade)

Have any changes been made on the Ebase side, alongside the Lagan upgrade ?

Let me know how you get on,

Mark
0 x

richard_t
Ebase User

Postby richard_t » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks, but the error was from ebase, rather than Frontline.

The installation on the client site is a right muddle, and it turns out that saaj-*.jar had been copied into the ebase-tomcat\common\lib folder on test but not present on the live site.

Removing these has solved that problem. I now looks like we're hitting WSDL changes, but I can deal with these.

Thanks for you help!
0 x