LDAP issue through SSL

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Jez
Ebase User

LDAP issue through SSL

Postby Jez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:26 am

Hi
We have a configuration where we are connecting to Active Directory through an XILogonExit. Everything works great when we use the standard 389 port; we can validate and retrieve AD attributes values for a user.

However, when we try LDAPS (using port 636 configured in XIldap.properties) we get the following error

COM.EBASETECH.WS.CORE.WSSOAPFAULT: JAVA.LANG.EXCEPTION: Unexpected error processing integration event - COM.EBASETECH.XI.EXCEPTIONS.FORMRUNTIMEEXCEPTION: (our domain name):636; Socket closed

We have added an intermediate certificate to the CACERTS as instructed by our network team but this has had no affect.

We have a bit of a deadline on this so would really appreciate any help/guidance in trying to get this sorted.

Thanks very much
Jez
0 x
--------------------------------------
Jez Hollinshead - Hampshire CC

Jez
Ebase User

Re: LDAP issue through SSL

Postby Jez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 am

does eBase automatically know that LDAPS is being used when port is set to 636?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am

No it doesn't know automatically. You have to set the Ldap.RegistryUrl property:

Code: Select all

Ldap.RegistryUrl=ldaps://192.168.0.999:636
0 x

Jez
Ebase User

Postby Jez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Jon, I've now tried this and we are getting

COM.EBASETECH.WS.CORE.WSSOAPFAULT: JAVA.LANG.EXCEPTION: Unexpected error processing integration event - COM.EBASETECH.XI.EXCEPTIONS.FORMRUNTIMEEXCEPTION: Simple bind failed: (domain name):636

Any ideas?

I cannot seem to find any documentation relating to the LDAP config over SSL - if there is any can you point me to it please?

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:11 pm

If you're on Ebase V4, the doc for the LDAP security parameters is in file XIldap_properties.htm in the doc directory on the server. But I don't think it will help you much - if you specify Ldap.RegistryUrl it overrides the corresponding host and port settings.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm

I think that means you might need to import the certificate. See also this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=650&p=2253&hilit=ldaps#p2253
0 x