fileupload in popup

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

fronsky
Ebase User

fileupload in popup

Postby fronsky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am

Is it possible to have the fileupload in a popup?
0 x

Jon

Re: fileupload in popup

Postby Jon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Not easily. Upgrading the file upload functionality has been on our to do list for a while.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:11 pm

If you mean that you want to have the ability to upload a file in a popup window, I have been doing this for a while now.

I wrote an Attachment project that is responsible for uploading file attachments for any Verj application and works in a pop up window.

The way it works is, say you want to have an attachments link on a sales order page. You add a hyperlink on the page called Attachments. When the user clicks on the link, you would open the Attachment form from HTML entities by calling the form like this:

Code: Select all

window.open('ufsmain?formid=ATTACHMENT&REFID=' + refID + '&Title=' + title,'_blank','width=1256,height=556');
REFID is a unique identifier for the attatchment area. So for example, if the user is on a page that shows Sales Order and the current order number is 1234, you might use ORDER1234 as the RefID. All attachments that are attached from this page will be tied to this specific record.

Only Admins and the person who attached a file have the ability to delete a previously attached file.

If this sounds like something that you would work for you, let me know and I can upload the project for you.

It was developed using a SQL Server backend so if you use a different DB, you will have to modify the database resource according to the database that you're using.
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank you for your answer!

This approach seems exactly what I'm looking for. Currently I'm using MySQL, but should not be an issue.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Here is the project. Let me know if you have any questions about how it works. The project is pretty small and should be clear.

https://ufile.io/rxhu0
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Thank you very much. Download was successfull. :D
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi Segi,

Again thanks for your support. Been busy on other parts of my project and other matters and now starting the preparation to implement the attachment functionality.

Looking at the sources I see a reference in the attachment form tab 'events' to 'global functions' under the shared functions and in the form page to a script called 'Client_Scripts\REFRESHER_SCRIPT.js'.

Also there is a reference to a missing text file. When trying to launch the form I get the message 'Texts file /Unused/Shared_Texts could not be found - SharedTexts not found at '/Unused/Shared_Texts'

Is this something I require before I start implementing?
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Here's the link to the latest version.

Update: Use this link. I made a few more changes to this module to make it standalone.
https://ufile.io/onro3

I've made a few changes since I gave you the last copy:

Any characters that aren't allowed in Windows file names are replaced with an underscore.
Removed the Shared project as a linked projects
Removed global_functions (which is my global shared script)
Removed the shared text file which isn't needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions about using it
0 x