Use of nav panel

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

fronsky
Ebase User

Use of nav panel

Postby fronsky » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:39 pm

I try to configure a navigation panel based on an example and try to add a new dropdown. It doesn't work.

When looking at the naming of the navigation panel related controls, there seems to be a naming convention. The existing ones use a double underscore in the name. Editing is not accepted. The error message stated it's a reserved string. See image for example.

I seem to be missing something here. Can someone advise?

0 x

Jon

Re: Use of nav panel

Postby Jon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:55 pm

A double underscore __ is reserved by the system for naming of controls in deployed components, and you can't enter it as part of a control name. But controls names have nothing to do with the generated HTML - you can enter anything you want as the id property of the <nav> tag. You do this with HTML Element Properties.
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you. Sorry, but I'm in search of why my code doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong or overseeing something.

I'm trying to add an extra dropdown-menu in the given bootstrap example code, using the same structure as for the 'page 1' dropdown. But it doesn't show the dropdown.

0 x

sam
Ebase User

Postby sam » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:05 am

I just copied the list item containing the dropdown to create a new one and that worked for me.
When you say it doesn't show the dropdown, do you mean that the link shows but nothing happens when you click on it or that the link doesn't appear at all?
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:05 am

Thank you. I did the same thing and that worked. After that I changed the copied list to my needs and it works.
Before that it only showed the link, but not the dropdown icon and nothing happened.
0 x