Page Templates?

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Page Templates?

Postby geadon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:12 am

Is there a way of creating a page template? I have lots of forms and pages that will have the same basic layout but at the moment i'm having to repeat the same steps of adding panels and components for each page.

For example, I am using the bootstrap4 template that was supplied in Verj 5.3, which is great but very fiddly with having to add lots of nested panels and selecting property sets etc. and I also have a menu and footer component.

I have tried creating a part-page and multi-page component which contains the standard panels and includes the two nested components but if I add this to the page and embed, it can't self-reference fields (because I have to add a prefix each time I add the component, and this relies on me and my colleagues having to use the same prefix ) and if I link the component on the page, I can't change the controls text or properties.

Am I missing a trick or feature here?

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Re: Page Templates?

Postby Jon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:50 pm

How about having a dummy page or a dummy form/page and just copying the page or selected controls from the page.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Re: Page Templates?

Postby geadon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the suggestion. After posting my original message that is the road I took, created a form and named it Template A, then copy and paste the form, renaming the copy. It works but to be able to select a page template, or a layout component would be neater and a nice feature - maybe I'll add a post to the features board... :D
0 x