isUserLoggedOn()

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

isUserLoggedOn()

Postby geadon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 am

Can anybody shed some light on why system.securityManager.isUserLoggedOn() would return TRUE when a user is definitely not logged on? Even if I start a new session in a new browser window (having closed all existing windows / tabs) it still comes back as true, however, when run the forms from within the designer it works as it should.

We do have the Boncode AJP connector installed on our server for single sign on, but this is only used on other projects, not this one. Would this affect the value returned by the isUserLoggedOn() function?

Thanks in advance.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Re: isUserLoggedOn()

Postby Segi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm not too familiar with BonCode AJP connector but after doing a search, I see its an IIS->tomcat connector

Here's what I'd recommend.

Create a new blank form and add a before page event with some simple code like this:

Code: Select all

if (system.securityManager.isUserLoggedOn() == true) {
	form.abort("You are logged on");
} else {
	form.abort("You are NOT logged on");
}
and open this up in a different browser (I'd recommend I.E, or Edge, a browser you probably never use) and see if it says that you're logged in or not. I'd suspect that BonCode is authenticating you using Ebase' security model which is why its showing that you're logged in. Using a different browser with a new form should help you figure out if its authenticating you
0 x