Display Page Loading

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Display Page Loading

Postby geadon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi,

I have a form which does a lot of JQuery stuff and to avoid the user seeing the page render I have created a DIV which covers the entire page, which is hidden via javascript when the page has loaded.

Code: Select all

<div id="PageLoading"><i class="fa fa-3x fa-spinner fa-pulse"></i></div>

#PageLoading {
	position: fixed;
	height: 100%;
	width: 100%;
	top:0;
	left: 0;
	background: #fff;
	z-index:9999;
	padding-top: 200px;
	text-align:center;
	color: #000;
}

$(window).on('load', function() {
    $("#PageLoading").fadeOut(200);
});
This all works great. The problem I have is that I have to 'hide' this panel in the designer to do any development and then remember to 'show' it before testing or deploying because all I get is a blank white DIV. Is there a way of having this panel on the page but not have the CSS applied to it in the designer? Is there some CSS trick to target a certain browser type or a way of Ebase designer ignoring some CSS?

Thanks in advance
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Re: Display Page Loading

Postby Segi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Well,

I think that your approach might not be the best because you are doing client side rendering which is slower than doing server side rendering.

Can you explain what this page does or even better, if you want to zip it up and send it to me, I can take a look at it.
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Re: Display Page Loading

Postby geadon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks Segi,

Sorry for the slow reply. Having read your post it made me look again at my issue, which was the amount of rendering being done on page load. I have now used more CSS and less jQuery which no longer causes lots of rendering. So, I no longer need a loading DIV.
0 x