table column can't be made editable

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

table column can't be made editable

Postby Segi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 pm

I experienced an issue that I've never had before. I'm using version 5.2

I have table that is displayed in a tab of a tabset. Neither the tabset or tab are marked display only.

The table itself is not marked as display only but each column of the table is individually marked as display only so I can allow editing of specific columns when needed.

The table is called Companies and has a column called CompanyName. Display only is the only property that is checked for this column.

When I click on an Edit button, the event script makes some of the columns editable.

Code: Select all

var company=tables.Companies;
     company.RepID.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
     company.CustCode.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
     company.Country.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
     company.Location.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
     company.ProgramName.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
     company.CompanyName.columnControl.all.setDisplayOnly(false);
All of the columns except for CompanyName become editable. It doesn't matter if I use the fully qualified table name like table.Companies.CompanyName.columnControl.setDisplayOnly(false). The column does not become editable.

This column has immediate validation off, has no events tied to this column and doesn't have an HTML entities event.

To further test this out, I deleted the table from the tab and added it again from the table resource and made all columns display only. Clicking on the edit button gives me the same result: all columns except for CompanyName are editable.

I also restarted the ebase service although I didn't think that it was necessary. It didn't make a difference.

I resolved the issue but the way that I fixed it was a giant pain in the neck. I went to the table resource at the top right,, deleted the table (which immediately removed it from my tab) and added it to my tab, making the necessary columns read only.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only lucky one ?

Update: I have another table in the same form that is having the exact same issue. I haven't used the fix that I mentioned above yet.
0 x

Wai

Re: table column can't be made editable

Postby Wai » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 am

Is the 2nd table you have this issue also in a tabset? The tabset is most likely not the cause.
0 x