Ebase error: ActionScript not found at XYZ

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Ebase error: ActionScript not found at XYZ

Postby alexmcclune » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi,

I am receiving this error message:

Code: Select all

ActionScript not found at '/Scripts/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES' 
I have been moving forms from an old ebase server which has a problem to a new server. The new server is not yet fully licensed but it has been working for almost a year without too many problems. The above error message does very periodically happen on some of the new server forms but not consistently and it can be months between each message. Unfortunately I have copied one of these forms and developed a much more complicated form for a new order requirement.

This new form involves calling an external suppliers payment gateway and then passing the details back to ebase. When I run the form I can pass the information to the gateway but when it tries to pass things back I always receive the error message:

ActionScript not found at '/Scripts/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES' 
The directory structure of the project is:
/SALESFORCE_EXTERNAL_FORMS/
/SALESFORCE_EXTERNAL_FORMS/FORMS/
/SALESFORCE_EXTERNAL_FORMS/FORMS/SCRIPTS
/SALESFORCE_EXTERNAL_FORMS/FORMS/SHARED_SCRIPTS

The forms do indeed reference the SHARED_SCRIPTS/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES within the Shared Functions Form properties, this script exists.

Can anyone tell me explicitly where this error message thinks /Scripts should be? (The Scripts folder above has never contained this JS script).

Can anyone tell me what it expects an ActionScript to be?

I did have a helpdesk call open with ebase the last time it happened (March) and I closed it as the issue resolved itself. Unfortunately it is occuring all of the time now so has become a priority (naturally).

Thanks,
Alex

The full log section
Sat Jul 22 18:26:18: ERROR ActionScript not found at '/Scripts/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES'
Sat Jul 22 18:26:18: ERROR com.ebasetech.ufs.utility.entityStore.FetchRuntimeException: ActionScript not found at '/Scripts/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES'
Sat Jul 22 18:26:18: Unexpected error occurred - see server log
Sat Jul 22 18:26:18: ERROR Unexpected error occurred
com.ebasetech.ufs.utility.entityStore.FetchRuntimeException: ActionScript not found at '/Scripts/JS_FUNCTIONS_RESOURCES'
at com.ebasetech.ufs.kernel.EntityObject.loadEntity(EntityObject.java:139)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.kernel.StandaloneUFSComponent.loadScript(StandaloneUFSComponent.java:2354)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.runtime.RuntimeHeadless.getScript_(RuntimeHeadless.java:766)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.runtime.RuntimeHeadless.getScript(RuntimeHeadless.java:749)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.runtime.RuntimeHeadless.getScript(RuntimeHeadless.java:733)
Also, the script JS_FUNCTION_RESOURCES did USED to exist as/GLOBAL/Scripts/JS_FUNCTION_RESOURCES on the old server....this file does now exist on the new one but "shouldn't" be used/referenced....
0 x

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Postby alexmcclune » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 pm

So for whatever reason...the function, within the JS_FUNCTION_RESOURCES that isn't at the location reported by the error includes the code:

form.callUrl(error_url + error_code, null);
If I comment it out, it works...
If I try and hardcode the parameters it doesn't work either...
It explains why it happens infrequently, there just aren't that many of these errors.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:58 am

Is the URL being called a form? If yes, you should check this form for incorrect references.

Do you have a complete stacktrace for the error?

As mentioned before, the message is most likely genuine i.e. the system is being asked to load something with an incorrect reference.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 am

The system will search for an entity with this relative path within the current project and any dependent projects. Paths are not abasolute - they are relative to the base of each project. This becomes a bit more complicated when components are involved - a reference from a component is resolved with reference to the component's project, not the project where it is deployed.

This is described in more detail here http://www.ebasetech.com/ebase/doc/Work ... .htm#Paths.
0 x

alexmcclune
Ebase User

Postby alexmcclune » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks - I've been able to find the reference.
0 x