HTML Support

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Stevenage
Ebase User

HTML Support

Postby Stevenage » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am

I was just wondering if anyone knows what kind of HTML support Ebase has? I know we can add in a few bits of html such as <br>, <strong>, <table> etc. I need to be able to use unordered lists <ul><li> etc.. but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas if this is supported or not?

Thanks

Neil @ Stevenage.
0 x

Joost
Ebase User

Re: HTML Support

Postby Joost » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:50 pm

As far as I know you may use full html everywhere in labels. I tried an unordered list with a page header text. No problem there.

btw. The designer client doesn't show it, but running the form in a browser does.
0 x

Stevenage
Ebase User

Postby Stevenage » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:01 pm

Thanks. I will give it another go and see if it works. I have a backup plan to use a HTML table just incase.
0 x

Stevenage
Ebase User

Postby Stevenage » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 pm

I don't suppose you could post some example HTML you have used could you? I have just tried using this code in a label and it still does not work.

Code: Select all

<ul>
<li>Item 1</li>
<li>Item 2</li>
<li>Item 3</li>
</ul>
0 x

Joost
Ebase User

Postby Joost » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 am

I just tried your piece of html code. Worked without any problem in a page header text, page info text and field label. I've tried both Ebase v331 and v340.

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Please consider raising an issue in the Ebase customer portal so Ebase will have a look at it.
0 x

Stevenage
Ebase User

Postby Stevenage » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am

I will raise an issue. Thanks for your help.

Neil.
0 x

Stevenage
Ebase User

Postby Stevenage » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:08 am

I have logged a call with support so will wait to hear back from them.

I have noticed something though that this problem only occurs with our own Presentation Template. If I use any of the default templates in the system the HTML works fine.
0 x

Wai

Postby Wai » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Neil,

The problem is very likely to be that a stylesheet is being used, maybe in a JSP for your header or left panel which defines the styles for ordered and unordered lists. For example if the stylesheet applied a style to the HTML elements

UL
OL
LI

This could be that a list is being used to create the navigation, for example. The styles will also be applied to the same HTML elements in Ebase.

You can get around this by changing the stylesheet and applying the style to only the Lists required - by adding an ID or class to your lists, either for the list you're putting into the Label field, or the list using in your template.

Hope that helps.
0 x

Stevenage
Ebase User

Postby Stevenage » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for that. When I see my colleague tomorrow who created the JSPs, I will show him this information so we can see how to fix the problem.

Neil.
0 x

Wai

Postby Wai » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:30 pm

It could be that lists are not used in the template, but the stylesheet that gets imported by the JSP may have styles defined for lists.
0 x