Ebase 5.2 identifying the AD username

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

neilnewman
Ebase User

Ebase 5.2 identifying the AD username

Postby neilnewman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 pm

I know I asked this question a number of years ago but...

Is it now possible with the latest offering of Ebase to get hold of the users AD username, without running the installation under IIS or using third party products.

If there is such a solution, could you please post an example of the steps required to get it all up and running.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 am

Yes I think it's possible, but it's not something that we have tried or have documentation for. If you're using Apache, here's a link to the Tomcat 8 documentation https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-do ... ache_httpd.

It's worth noting that obtaining the Windows userid is about configuring Tomcat and maybe other components, but does not involve Ebase configuration. Ebase configuration is only required if you want to go one step further and retrieve details about the user from AD e.g. groups, email address etc.
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Neil, we got around this by creating a json endpoint on a different IIS server. Any Ebase form that needs to get at credentials calls the endpoint client side and then is handled using Ebase client side functions.

It works well and is still in place on our Corporate Ebase infrastructure.

We've since got an Ebase data portal on seperate kit and Tomcat goes over IIS nicely.

Happy to share our json endpoint approach if you are interested.

Thanks
0 x

neilnewman
Ebase User

Postby neilnewman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Steve,
I cannot claim to know much about this mechanism, but yes I would be very keen to look at how you have resolved the problem.

Currently we have a bit of ASPX code that returns the AD username, but we no longer have an ASPX programmer onsite, so a solution that we can understand and manage, is far more desirable.

Many thanks
Neil
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Neil sorry we use an ASPX to interrogate AD and it returns a json object.

It sounds like you already have this part of the solution, all be it without developer resource.

Steve
0 x