Time Field labels

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

PJCarr
Ebase User

Time Field labels

Postby PJCarr » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:56 pm

I'd like to turn off or at least edit the 'HH:mm:ss' that gets plonked next to time fields when a form is run.

Can this be done with a set up assignment? I'd rather not start tinkering with java :roll:

Any and all ideas gratefully received.
0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

RE: Time Field labels

Postby AJDulk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Me too. Plus, if I decide to use it I would like to be able to change it according to the language being used.

I checked the System Texts, Internationalization and the Field Properties and none of them allow you to disable / change it.

One way to get around it, set the field as a Character field and place a validation on that, then copy it to a Time field with a validation script.
0 x

PJCarr
Ebase User

Postby PJCarr » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks for the response, AJDulk.

I 've spent (too much) time hunting through the documentation and the .properties files for some clues as to where it is set but to no avail. I thought it was a config setting but if it is it's well hidden!

Anyway, we currently have text fields in the database that act as time fields as well as dates so the text box approach has been used here. I want to avoid using texts (although it would have been quicker to do it that way) but it looks like I'll have to resort to that, again.

If anyone from Ebase knows the answer please feel free to enlighten me :)
0 x

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm not aware of any configuration option regarding the display of the 'HH:mm:ss'.

Use of text fields in your database is fine if you control both your Ebase application and the database design. However when you are using 3rd party databases / web services, you have to work with what is supplied.

Another issue with Time and DateTime fields occurs where the time ends in ':00' seconds.

When displaying the field, Ebase drops the seconds from the display.

e.g. '12:00:00' displays as '12:00' but '12:00:01' will display correctly.

When entering a time, you can enter '12:00' and it will be accepted.
0 x