SEVERE: GenericPool:cleanUp Error Exception in GenericPool:c

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

SEVERE: GenericPool:cleanUp Error Exception in GenericPool:c

Postby Steve James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi, I turned on the ebasemonitor this morning and I see the following error regularly occurs (51 since midnight)

SEVERE: GenericPool:cleanUp Error Exception in GenericPool:cleanUp

I can't find the error in any logs. Can you advise what needs to be done to get rid of the error or whether I can safely ignore it?

Thanks
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Steve,

This is a generic error message created from the Database Pool API we use. I just checked the source code and it just prints out this generic message if there is an error. This is not much use as the underlying exception/cause is lost as it is never printed out.

Where it is going wrong is resizing the pool and trying to maintain it's minimum number of database connections to the database server. There is something going wrong here to make it fail...

So as a guess ... has the database gone offline an any point for backup? If so, do you have the database configuration set to:

1) check level 2
2) A validation query is set (with no semi colon)

This config is usually found in the <webapp>.xml inside:

<UfsServer>/tomcat/conf?Cataline/localhost/

If the system is running normally with no database errors when connecting to the database, I would think that you can ignore this as the database pool is obviously working.

You cannot switch off the error message.

Kind regards

Steve Upton
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks Steve, I have database connections configured in the ebaseAdmin form (other than the default UFS and EBASE_SAMPLES).

They are MS SQL and all have the default values that are populated when creating a new connection ie
checkLevel=1
validationQuery=select 1

Our DBA tells me that the databases are available 24/7.

Thanks
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Steve James wrote: They are MS SQL and all have the default values that are populated when creating a new connection ie
checkLevel=1
validationQuery=select 1

Our DBA tells me that the databases are available 24/7.
Could you change the checkLevel to 2 please? Check level 2 is much better at connection reuse as it will use the validation query to check that the connection is usable. Check level 1 just checks whether the connection has been closed.

Steve
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks Steve, all changed and I will monitor.
0 x