Accessing Admin Console from server

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

Accessing Admin Console from server

Postby Steve James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:41 am

Hi, I am trying turn on the Monitor and IP Whitelists for the Admin Console.

I've included a couple of IP address ranges for remote access to the Server Admin Console. These work as expected. I tried adding 127.0.0.1 but was greeted with a 'duplicate IP' error - great I thought, I can now access the Admin console from the server if anything goes wrong with my IP ranges.

Unfortunately I cannot access the Admin Console from the server on 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'. I can access it on the server using the specific IP address for the server (having added it in the IP whitelist list).
I am running Tomcat under IIS and have commented out the connector port in the Tomcat server.xml (ie I need to prevent access to Tomcat direct).

Of course as I cannot currently access the Admin console via localhost I cannot access the Monitor. I am ok with editing access to the Monitor but want to understand what I can do to access the Admin console via localhost.

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Well I'm guessing but it seems likely that the request via IIS is not presenting itself as having originated from localhost - you could check this in the access logs.
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks Jon,

In the access logs the IP is showing as "::1"

I added ::1 in the IP white list and I can access ebaseAdmin from the server via localhost.

Belt and braces but Sod's Law means that the ip address will change when I'm long gone and no-one would have been able to access the admin console.

Thanks
0 x