field tied to dropdown list gets unselected automatically

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

field tied to dropdown list gets unselected automatically

Postby Segi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 pm

I have a field tied to a dropdown list and immediate validation enabled but no script tied to this field.

I am having an issue with this field where as soon as I select a value from the dropdown it gets unselected automatically. There are no scripts tied to the dropdown so I don't know why Ebase is unselected the value automatically.

The only way to prevent this is to remove immediate validation which means I cannot execute any scripts when the dropdown has changed.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:26 pm

It's probably that for some reason the system thinks that the value selected doesn't match any value in the list.

What type of list is it?
What type of field is it?
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Jon,

Its a dynamic list with an integer ID and a varchar display value.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. I tried all combinations of Integer and Character types and it always worked. But I suspect that you have a problem somewhere in this area e.g. the system is comparing a value of 21 with 21.0 and assuming they are different. You might check that the types (this only applies to the return column) are consistent i.e. Integer in both the list and the field.
0 x