Email listener

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

JoshuaW
Ebase User

Email listener

Postby JoshuaW » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Is there a add-on functionality to ebase to listen in receiving emails in specified POP3 inbox.

When someone submits an external form elsewhere, an email with structured data is sent to the correct office inbox depending of the parameters of the form. I want the email listener to listen in the POP3 inbox. When there is one, the workflow will go into action and begins it's system activity in populating the database and sendmail to group for attention.

Is there such a thing? I do know there's 2 for Metastorm but what about ebase?

Thank you
0 x

JoshuaW
Ebase User

Postby JoshuaW » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 am

Hello? Is anyone alive out there? :?
0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

Email listener

Postby AJDulk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:00 am

Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?

Searching through the documentation I cannot find any inbuilt pop3 connection for Ebase. Unless Ebase is willing to provide the functionality, you will need to write your own Java class that pops the message and starts the workflow.

You have an option of calling this self-made function using a scheduler from your Operating System or using the Ebase Scheduler (.../doc/scheduler.htm).
0 x

JoshuaW
Ebase User

Postby JoshuaW » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:12 am

*nods* :o someone out there is alive!

Thanks AJDulk for getting back to me, and yes I'm beginning to see where you're coming from. I was hoping for a quick solution, but unlikely!
0 x