Transaction was marked for rollback... when saving big form

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

jacek
Ebase User

Transaction was marked for rollback... when saving big form

Postby jacek » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 pm

I need help.

We have big form in our ebase system. It is so big that we have problems with importing and exporting it. I have to import only form without any connected components or ralated elements.

Now I have added few print forms and cannot save it becouse I get error:

com.ebasetech.ufs.kernel.FormTransactionException: Transaction was marked for rollback and has been rolled back
at com.ebasetech.ufs.kernel.TransactionManager.commit(TransactionManager.java:113)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.kernel.TransactionManager.commitTransaction(TransactionManager.java:536)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.designer.server.DesignerServlet.handleClientRequest(DesignerServlet.java:221)
at com.ebasetech.ufs.designer.server.DesignerServlet.doPost(DesignerServlet.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm allmost sure that there is problem with timeouts becouse smaller forms works fine.

Is there some params in config files of server where I can change timeouts of transactions ?

Jacek
0 x

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 am

On the assumption that you are using Tomcat as your web server, you can change the timeout value for transactions.

You need to change 2 files :-

1) server.xml in the tomcat/conf directory, to add the following within the <GlobalNamingResources> tag

Code: Select all

<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container"
        type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"
        factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory"
        jotm.timeout="300"/>

The jotm.timeout parameter is the timeout in seconds, so 300 is 5 minutes.

2) ufs.xml in tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost

Remove or comment out the following :-

<Transaction name="UserTransaction" auth="Container"
       type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"
       factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory"
       jotm.timeout="120"/>

Then add the following in it's place :-

<ResourceLink name="UserTransaction" global="UserTransaction"
        type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>

Note : Changing the jotm.timeout value in the original <Transaction> entry in the ufs.xml file has no effect. From memory, I think there is a bug in the JOTM code and I picked up this solution from their mailing list sometime ago.

Regards,

Mark
0 x

jacek
Ebase User

Postby jacek » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am

Thank You very much.
I will try this ASAP.

Jacek
0 x