Update to ebase 5.2.0 - helptext not working as expected

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

PeteM
Ebase User

Update to ebase 5.2.0 - helptext not working as expected

Postby PeteM » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 am

Hi,

We've just upgrade from ebase 4.5 to 5.2, and currently testing our applications are working.

I've having an issue with Helptext not behaving as I expected.

Say I've a field called "FirstName" - I've been dynamically setting helptext in javascript like:

fields.FirstName.helpText.setText("Enter Name");

In ebase5.2.0, this isn't working.

Has this been superseded, or would it be something to do with our setup?

Many thanks,

Peter
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:04 am

This works on my V5.2 system. What do you have for the "Help text position" property? - this is on the Field Control.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:26 am

On further investigation I think I can reproduce your problem. It occurs when there is no text reference which will be the case until you enter a help text in the designer. You can verify this by clicking the help text editor and you will see Text Reference: *None* at the bottom.

The solution is to enter a text and click OK, then go into the text editor again and remove it. This will assign a text reference and it should all then work.

I've entered this into our bug system and it will be fixed in a future release.
0 x

PeteM
Ebase User

Postby PeteM » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:33 am

Many thanks for quick response Jon - I can confirm that assigning the helptext from None to something, then back again allows the text to be set dynamically.
0 x