Sending dynamic email without mapping fields

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

geadon
Ebase User

Sending dynamic email without mapping fields

Postby geadon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:59 am

Hi,

Hope someone can help....

I need a way of sending an email from within a server-side JavaScript without having to reference fields on the form? I need to be able to dynamically change the email Recipient, Subject and Body and send the email directly from within server-side script. I'm currently using an email resource with the various properties mapped to fields on the form but would like to utilise this resource from a shared function across many forms without having to include fields on the form (or the resource if it's possible).

Thanks in advance.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:45 pm

This post shows how to send an email without using a resource. I think it contains much more code than it needs to, but should work ok http://forum.ebasetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=776
0 x

geadon
Ebase User

Postby geadon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks Jon. I had seen that post but wasn't sure if it was the best solution. If it's the only way of doing it through script I shall give it a go.

Thank you for the prompt reply.
0 x