field type validation broken

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

field type validation broken

Postby Segi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm on Ebase 5.1.1.

I've just noticed that the field type validation seems to be broken. Even though I've set a field type to Integer, Ebase no longer displays a pop up warning if you enter a value that is of the wrong type like characters. The same thing happens when I enter a non-date into a date field.

I was able to reproduce this problem by creating a new form, and without making any changes to it whatsoever other than adding a single field and setting its type to integer. Entering a non-integer value doesn't seem to matter to Ebase where it used it pop the message "Field 'abc' is not a valid integer". I just noticed that forms that were created before 5.1.1 still correctly validate the fields but forms created in 5.1.1 don't do the validation.

Is this a bug in 5.1.1 ?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Check for Javascript errors in the browser. If you've just upgraded to V5.1.1, refresh everything in the browser with Ctrl-R.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Jon,

I did check that and there are no client or server side errors at all. I have been on 5.1.1 since it came out but have only noticed this bug today
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 pm

This works fine for me with a V5.1.1 system and with all browsers so I'm not sure what your problem is. I guess you have checked that you're not suppressing popups within the browser. Historically, these problems are usually caused by bad levels of Javascript files, caching etc, but then you notice that other things don't work as well
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Jon,

I just created another brand new form and did not attach any JavaScript scripts associated with it and the only JavaScript files attached to the form were the default JQUERY and JQUERYUI scripts under Form Properties->Web Resources.

I made sure that the project does not have any shared projects associated with it and removed the 2 JQUERY scripts. I added a field called TEST and set its type to Integer and deployed it. Entering a non-integer character and tabbing over does not trigger the error "Field 'TEST' is not a valid integer" as it should
0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

Re: field type validation broken

Postby AJDulk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Is the field Immediate Validation set? Ebase errors are only triggered by an immediate validation being triggered. If you want to test at tab it would be better to use a jQuery event on the lose focus of the field to do your own check and display an error message.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:40 pm

immediate validation is not set because i am not doing my own validation its obvious that theres something wrong with forms created in 5.1.1 because all forms created in older versions of Ebase do not exhibit this problem
0 x