Oracle select - nullPointer exception

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

Oracle select - nullPointer exception

Postby Steve James » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi, I'm trying to select from an Oracle table. Something we've done a lot. This is apparently a spatial table but my DBA informs me that this is just a bog standard oracle object.

I manually built the database resource but when my code executes the fetchtable I get a com.ebasetech.xi.exceptions.FormRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

I know I am connecting to Oracle as I can test the connection and if I change the table name to something daft I get the normal "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist"

I recall there may be some extra logging I can apply to investigate why I am unable to do this simple operation. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Interesting, for some reason I set up a direct non-pooled connection so the issue is there.

I saw the error of my ways and set it up in the traditional Pooled connection (server) and all is well.
0 x