Ebase integration with sap

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

sjethwa
Ebase User

Ebase integration with sap

Postby sjethwa » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Has anyone done any work or knowledge of integrating sap functions with Ebase?

I am investigating possibilities of making sap-related work more efficient (time and money!) using Ebase than relying on heavyweight sap technologies like ABAP/Netweaver/Xi.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Thanks

Sanjay
0 x

Ian
Ebase Staff

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:42 am

Hi Sanjay

I have had a little experience with Ebase and SAP at a large private sector company here in the UK (extracting HR data to be used within Ebase - via a CSV file).

At the time the SAP programmer who did the extract CSV file program (using ABAP) said that had he had more time he would have created web services in SAP so that Ebase could have just called them whenever it needed HR information. He said that SAP provides a facility to deploy many of its functions as web services. Having said that I have not seen it done myself. You should ask your SAP guys if this is possible as it would be the easy and elegant way of integrating to SAP

Hope this helps

Ian Bramford
0 x

sjethwa
Ebase User

Postby sjethwa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks Ian,

From what I have found out there are a couple of ways to publish sap processes as web services, either straight out of the backend using BAPIs or using something called Xi (their integration tool).

I am awaiting some more details from sap directly. If they do publish WS, then I look forward to using them thru Ebase WS tools.

I will update you when I know more.

Thanks

Sanjay
0 x

Ian
Ebase Staff

Integrating with SAP

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi Sanjay

I know that this post is quite old but thought I should update it anyway.

We have now got experience is calling SAP web services from within Ebase. Same large private sector company as before.

If you are intrested in finding out more let me know and I will try to facilate direct contact between you and them.
0 x