logon service responses

Post any questions you have about using the Verj.io Studio, including client and server-side programming with Javascript or FPL, and integration with databases, web services etc.

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

xren
Ebase User

logon service responses

Postby xren » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello,

I am not very clear yet about the logon service. Is the service will be called automatically once this system service is deployed and the system.securityManager.logon() is called? I don't remember configure anything else.

I would like to know where the response of a logon service is saved?
In the server memory?

If a role is returned in either ebaseroles and customroles, then is that hasRole will return true?

Thanks,
Xiaoli
0 x

azaleas
Ebase User

Postby azaleas » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 am

I am with xren on this question. Some sort of tutorial would be much appreciated here..For ebaseroles and custom roles. I remember there was a video on Ebase (link below), with the Worflow management system demonstration. Something with that format and in depth would be really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg4HYbthjDE
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:42 am

We know that using a Logon Service is confusing, we're working on some examples that will show how to use it.

There are two ways you can call a Logon Service:
  • Explicitly - using system.securityManager.logon()
    Automatically (when user first connects) - security property Enable Authentication of New Users is set (V5 only)
I would like to know where the response of a logon service is saved?
In the server memory?
A: Yes, correct. The internal workings of the Logon Service are deliberately hidden from the application programmer. You can only access it using system.securityManager
If a role is returned in either ebaseroles and customroles, then is that hasRole will return true?
A: Yes
0 x

kotinkarwak
Ebase User

Postby kotinkarwak » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:01 pm

I have managed to setup a website which allows for a landing page access to all users and allow for login to happen on user request. It is a bit involving but please see conversation that led me to this setup.
if you have a specific question please post and I will be happy to assist.

viewtopic.php?t=916
Last edited by jcoulson on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
0 x
ebasetech v5

fronsky
Ebase User

Re: logon service responses

Postby fronsky » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi,

This link takes me to the home screen. Probably because of a change in the forum setup. Can you assist with the correct post or info. Much appreciated!
0 x

jcoulson
Ebase User

Postby jcoulson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 am

fronsky wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 pm
Hi,

This link takes me to the home screen. Probably because of a change in the forum setup. Can you assist with the correct post or info. Much appreciated!
Hi fronsky, I have fixed the link in the above post, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Jordan
0 x

fronsky
Ebase User

Postby fronsky » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Thanks Jordan!
0 x