Ebase Installation. What version of Tomcat is recommended?

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Ebase Installation. What version of Tomcat is recommended?

Postby Vanessa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 am

I've been asked to provide input to a server build; the machine will be running Ebase server at either version 3.4.0.

I've been looking at the installation documentation and note that the recommended version of Java is 1.6.0_01, but cannot see any recommendation for Apache Tomcat.

Is there any guidance on this? Also, do I need to specify that any other components should be installed before putting Ebase on the box?
0 x

Vanessa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Vanessa » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 am

Ebase version 3.4.0 is available to download on the Customer Portal (http://portal.ebasetech.com/cp/ufsmain? ... ORTAL_HOME)

It is shipped with Java 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5. These are the versions we recommend, as we found a problem with Java 1.6 with Tomcat 5.5 relating to SSL. We need to do more testing with Java 1.6, although a few of us have been using it internally with no problems.

Version 3.3.1 was shipped with Java 1.4.2 and Tomcat 5.0.18 and these are the versions we recommend for this version of Ebase.
0 x