Error starting server and apparently related export issue

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

ronh
Ebase User

Error starting server and apparently related export issue

Postby ronh » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:33 am

I installed the community/test copy a few days ago and did just one minor lab, that ended with exporting the form I created.

I decided I wanted to replace Derby with SQL Server. I have Express on my laptop so was going to switch to it. I started following the process, attempting to to export everything. it failed with an error...
Error getting connection from datasource UFSREPOSITORY, SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection exception: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection no connection available java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:derby:UFS;create=false : Failed to start database 'UFS', see the next exception for details.
I noticed some errors when the server starts that seem related.

Here is the startup in ufsserver.log...
Sun Jun 21 21:58:10: UFS Designer server component initialised successfully
Sun Jun 21 21:58:10: Workflow servlet component initialised successfully
Sun Jun 21 21:58:10: Error starting system service ebaseAssignmentService - com.ebasetech.ufs.utility.PersistenceException: Error getting connection from datasource UFSREPOSITORY, SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection exception: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection no connection available java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:derby:UFS;create=false : Failed to start database 'UFS', see the next exception for details.
Sun Jun 21 21:58:11: Error starting system service ebaseLogonService - com.ebasetech.ufs.utility.PersistenceException: Error getting connection from datasource UFSREPOSITORY, SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection exception: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException in StandardPoolDataSource:getConnection no connection available java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get connection for URL jdbc:derby:UFS;create=false : Failed to start database 'UFS', see the next exception for details.
Sun Jun 21 21:58:11: FormCacheLoader: start
Sun Jun 21 21:58:11: FormCacheLoader: end
0 x

Hovik

Postby Hovik » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 am

Looks like something went wrong in replacing Derby with SQL Server.
Questions:

1. Does folder UfsServer\DB\UFS still exist?

2. Did you get the error in step 6 of "Export existing content"?

3. Had you made any changes to ufs.xml by this stage? If so, please email this file to me (support@ebasetech.com).

Thanks,
Hovik
0 x