Deploying a application to a Server

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

armin_kessler
Ebase User

Deploying a application to a Server

Postby armin_kessler » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 pm

I am downloaded Ebase Xi 4.3 , and created a Business Project
for testing the software , in Ebase Designer all works OK,
but I'm search in the documentation the procedure to deploy
the application to a server ( Windows server 2008 and Linux ).
Where could I obtain information to deploy my Business Project?
( In case of Ebase Xi 4.3 is Tomcat 6 ).

Thanks an have a good day Armin
0 x
Armin Kessler

ehmd
Ebase User

Postby ehmd » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:18 am

0 x

AJDulk
Ebase User

Re: Deploying a application to a Server

Postby AJDulk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 am

You need to use the export and import functionality of Ebase to deploy - See http://portal.ebasetech.com/cp/doc/Usin ... export.htm.

Anything created outside of the Ebase Designer needs to be deployed using its method of deployment (think, for example, of creation of a database table and fulling that table with a pre-defined set of data, files that have been placed on the file-system, etc).
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 am

Hi Armin,

I am assuming you want to deploy from your test machine to another Ebase Xi Server... say production (You can only deploy to another Ebase Xi system).

You will need to export your Form and all the associated parts like scripts, business views, resource etc... (be careful with scripts as these are not always picked up by the deployment manager).

To do this, go to Tools-->Migration-->Export from within the designer. Select the form and tick the box for associated parts (and scripts if needs be). Give the file a name and click View details and export button. Press OK. This will create an XML file in the transport folder of the Ebase Xi Server (<ebase-xi-installation-dir>/UfsServer/transport).

Copy this file to the transport folder of your machine you want to deploy to and start the designer for this machine and go to Tools->Migration-->Import. Select the file and click view details and import. Then import the form and all its associations.

I hope this helps.

Steve
0 x

leonrossdale
Ebase User

Postby leonrossdale » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

I was having trouble adding the application for content management that I have created. I have always worked at the back end of the software development and really was stuck when I had to do it myself. But with the detailed steps that you have given, I could easily do it. Thanks a lot!