Windows-client 4.1 bug?

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

pauvrigrn
Ebase User

Windows-client 4.1 bug?

Postby pauvrigrn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 pm

When I login on our ebase 4.1 system on a Linux server with my windows client I don't get any pagecontrolls when I create a new form or new pages. Only a blank page with "no form header set".

Is there a bug in the windows client? I installed a windows trialversion on my workstation and had the same problem.

My colleages on Linux workstations don't have this problem. They also use ebase 4.1 on the same Linux server.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

There are two options that govern which controls, if any, are added when you create a new page. These are in File --> Preferences --> Page Editor, and you'll see them at the bottom of the panel.

Both options (for a Page Panel control and a Page Navigation control) are to provide equivalent functionality for V3.4 users when they upgrade. With V4.1, the page layout is much more open, therefore we give you the choice of whether or not you always want these controls added.

Regards
Jon
0 x

pauvrigrn
Ebase User

Postby pauvrigrn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks. Sometimes answers can be that easy. I'm fairly new to ebase 4(.1) and had not searched in this area.

:D

Until next time.

Regards,

Paul
0 x