SQL Server 2019 compatibility

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

chayward
Ebase User

SQL Server 2019 compatibility

Postby chayward » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Hi,

Is Verjio 5.9 and 5.10 ok to use with SQL Server 2019, or would SQL Server 2019 need a Compatibility Level setting other than the default 150?
This question applies to both the Repository database, and applications using SQL Server 2019 databases.
This is for on-prem database use.

Thanks very much.
Chris Hayward.
0 x

Steve

Re: SQL Server 2019 compatibility

Postby Steve » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:11 am

Hi Chris,

I believe that the Verj.io repository will work fine with SQL Server 2019. I was not aware of having to set a compatibility mode for the database when migrating from earlier versions.

In terms of SQL interaction, the Verj.io uses standard SQL features such as insert, update, select etc.. using a compatible JDBC driver. The transactions are controlled using our own transaction manager and not TRANSACT SQL.

My recommendation would be to upgrade the SQL Driver to the Microsoft JDBC driver to make sure you have the most up to date driver for SQL 2019. This would require you to update the Database connections/JNDI Connections in Verj.io to use the appropriate MSSQL driver:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/c ... rver-ver15

But this is optional as the supplied JTDs driver will also work with SQL Server 2019.

Kind regards

Steve
0 x

chayward
Ebase User

Re: SQL Server 2019 compatibility

Postby chayward » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:16 am

Thanks Steve, that's great news.

We do in fact already use the Microsoft JDBC SQLServerDriver as well.

Cheers,
Chris.
0 x