ISAPI redirector error 500.0

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

eddparsons
Ebase User

ISAPI redirector error 500.0

Postby eddparsons » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 pm

I have two newly setup Windows 2016 servers with Ebase instances and IIS setup to redirect using ISAPI as per the instructions in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=314

On one the redirection is working, on the other I get the below error. I can't figure out what the difference is. I've been through the instructions multiple times, removed IIS completely and started again, granted full permissions to everyone on the ISAPI folder, tried changing the application pool user and generally gone through every setting I can think of and compared them against each server. I get this error with any page request, even just the IIS homepage. If I remove the ISAPI filter from IIS the homepage then displays ok. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I have also checked the troubleshooting list at https://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-do ... o/iis.html

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Detailed Error Information:
Module IsapiFilterModule
Notification AuthenticateRequest
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070001
Requested URL http://go-teeforms01:80/
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
0 x

Jon

Re: ISAPI redirector error 500.0

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:35 pm

When you get the 500 error, what do you see on the Ebase system's logs. Do you see anything running? Do you see the request in the access log? If you don't see the access log request, it's not being forwarded from IIS so the error is upstream from the Ebase system.
0 x

eddparsons
Ebase User

Re: ISAPI redirector error 500.0

Postby eddparsons » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Ok I'm a idiot. The problem was in the ISAPI registry entry. I had put the folder as IISAPI instead of ISAPI and misread it every time I checked it. IIS on the brain. Working now. Thanks anyway Jon.
0 x