Small mistake in upgrade instructions

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Small mistake in upgrade instructions

Postby Segi » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:29 pm

When upgrading Verj from 5.4 to 5.5, I found a mistake under the section "2. Upgrade the Studio" for number 8.

It says "Copy files index.htm and search.jsp from <client>/IntegratedServer/ebasetest to <client>/IntegratedServer/ebasetest"
but should read "Copy files index.htm and search.jsp from <client>/IntegratedServer/ebasetest to <webapp>"

Another minor issue that I found is that when you browse to the documentation under https://myebasedomain.com/ufs/ there are 3 header images that are missing and display a broken image icon.

The dev console shows a 404 error for these 3 images:

WebSiteHeader-noText.jpg
WebSiteHeader-noText-filler.jpg
WebSiteHeader-noText-end.jpg

I search the file system but couldn't locate these files. I think that you guys may have forgotten to package them with the upgrade zip.

Also, when you copy the javascript files named api550.js, calendar550.js etc to either the server and client javascript directories, are we supposed to keep the previous version of that JavaScript file (like api520.js, api, api532.js etc) ?

The upgrade says that you need to copy the contents implying that you need to add the new JS libraries alongside the older ones. Is it safe to remove the older version of these libraries ? It seems that there would be a little extra overhead using unnecessary JS libs,
0 x

Steve

Re: Small mistake in upgrade instructions

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks Segi for the info. I will have a look at the upgrade document.

I will also check the header images.

You do not need to keep the old versions of JavaScript files e.g api532.js.... These are never loaded... so they should not be an overhead and do not cause any harm if left.

Kind regards

Steve
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Steve,

If that's the case, you guys might want to clarify that in the upgrade docs. The way that it is written, it says to copy the contents of the javascript fuile from the upgrade zip into the appropriate location which leaves you with the old js libraries along side the new libraries.

Has Verj thought about a more automatic upgrade installer ?
0 x

Steve

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi Segi,

We are currently working on the automated upgrade/installer. Hopefully this will be available in the next major release.

Kind regards

Steve
0 x