Trouble with multiple sessions - ebase 4.5.5

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Jez
Ebase User

Trouble with multiple sessions - ebase 4.5.5

Postby Jez » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:38 pm

We recently upgraded from ebase 3.4 to ebase 4.5.5 and are now having trouble with multiple ebase sessions.

This can be demonstrated when launching a form from ebase designer, then immediately launching the form a second time without closing down the browser. When tabbing back to the first form session/tab, the ebase session returns: The application has timed out. Press the browser's refresh key to start again as soon as any interaction is attempted.

This is not what happens in ebase 3.4 designer, where both session tabs remain operational and independent of each other.

I've searched the forums and found a help page that appears to be related: /ufs/doc/multi_session_support.htm but I don't understand what, if anything, I can do to configure ebase to remedy the issue.

This is a real problem for us as our users need to have 2 or more ebase sessions running concurrently to be efficient in their work. I'm guessing the problem is something to do with how our ebase sessions are launched - which is from an unrelated IE window - however, we don't have this issue with ebase 3.4 - it's just ebase 4.5.5.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated :)
0 x
--------------------------------------
Jez Hollinshead - Hampshire CC

Jon

Re: Trouble with multiple sessions - ebase 4.5.5

Postby Jon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 pm

I think you'll find this only happens for forms launched from the designer. We added a feature to minimise the use of server memory - each time you run a new form from the designer it removes the memory for any old forms. But as I said, only in the designer.

Hope this helps.
0 x