Upgrade from 4.5 to 5.2 - Missing Resources question

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

PeteM
Ebase User

Upgrade from 4.5 to 5.2 - Missing Resources question

Postby PeteM » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi,

We're currently under a move from 4.5 to 5.2, and have an issue.

Over the years that we've run eBase, we've not been as tight as we should have been removing and renaming resources - so we have forms with fields that reference tables that no longer exist, or aren't in the business view, We've got Integration resources that have nodes that are populated by tables that don't exist, etc etc.

4.5 was so forgiving in this regard, where as 5.2 won't run if it's decided the integrity isn't sound.

What's the best way forward?

Regards,

Peter
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

The upgrade process makes an attempt at removing resource references that aren't used, but it errs on the side of caution. It will always include resources of type: Email, XML, Web Services, Custom. Other resource types will only be included if a mapping between the form and the resource exists.

Do you have many forms with this problem? If you have more than you can cope with manually you could try this query which will list references to resources that don't exist:

select f.form_id, f.business_view_id, bvs.source_id
from forms f, business_view_sources bvs
where f.business_view_id = bvs.business_view_id
and not exists (select * from sources where source_id = bvs.source_id)
order by f.form_id, bvs.source_id
0 x

PeteM
Ebase User

Postby PeteM » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks for that - I've believe I've got past the initial sticking point of missing resources by recreating them prior to the export.

Another question though - would there be any know issue with the function "encrypt" and java 1.8? Testing our application and it fails on a FPL Encrypt call (expression returns no result).

Tracing through, I can see it uses the security_data table, which has data in it for "ENCRYPTIONKEY" and "NOINCREMENTS", but I can't see how to further trace what's going on?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 pm

No, there aren't any known problems. Do you have any error messages on the server log or do you see any more messages looking at the designer log? Are you doing a decrypt or encrypt? You're right that it uses the data in the security_data db table, but this shouldn't have been changed by the upgrade.
0 x

PeteM
Ebase User

Postby PeteM » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks Jon - ignore this post - encrypt seems fine, was missing the userFunctions.xml file. We've still got issues with missing resources, but I'll take that offline and raise a call.

Thanks again,

Peter
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:10 am

Peter,

The problem with encrypt has been raised separately and there is indeed a problem with using this with an Integration Service in V5. This will be fixed in the next release and a temporary fix is available if you need it.

Regards
Jon
0 x