Noob here... Installation and Connectivity

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

craigwoolley
Ebase User

Noob here... Installation and Connectivity

Postby craigwoolley » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:15 am

Hi,

I have to migrate an instance of Ebase 4.5 to a new host (Redhat 7 from Centos) for a client. The client has said they have no documentation to assist with this move so I'm in the dark with a product I've never worked with.

I have the software and can run Ufsserver no problem. I tried running the designer but had errors about not having an X11 Window. The client finally revealed that they use a java client on their Windows PC to connect to the linux server.

My question (for now).. is the client downloadable from here or is it manually created? I'm just not sure how it works after reading the limited documentation available with the ebase download.

Thanks,
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:43 pm

The client is part of the download, if you've already got a server you will probably have a client as well - the server is in folder UfsServer, the client is in folder UfsClient.

The client is started either by start_ebase_designer.bat or designer.exe in UfsClient. This will work fine if you are using a standard distributed system and your client and server are on the same system. If they are on different systems you need to edit/configure start_ebase_designer.bat or designer.vmoptions if using the exe.

Then sign on to the designer with ebaseuser/ebaseuser.

Once you've started the designer, click Help > Index to show the documentation. Or just enter the appropriate url in a browser e.g.: localhost:3030/ebase
0 x

craigwoolley
Ebase User

Postby craigwoolley » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:20 am

Hi Jon,

I'm migrating from Centos to Redhat, so no .exe's or bat files to be used. Unless you mean I have download the Windows version as well and extract the client from there to use on a desktop?

The current setup is the server runs on Linux. The users access it from their Windows desktops.

Thanks,
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:05 am

You can start the designer in a linux environment if you can sort out your Xwindows. Or you can download a Windows version and configure the designer client to point to your linux server. The link below will give you a zip of a windows 64-bit system at the latest V4 level - V4.5.5. You should check that this matches your server version. Downloads of all supported systems (linux and windows) are on our customer portal - which requires a userid - if your customer has access to this you can download whichever system you need.

http://www.ebaseftp.com/download/ebase_ ... ws-x64.zip
0 x