eBase Xi Licensing Questions

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Paul_22
Ebase User

eBase Xi Licensing Questions

Postby Paul_22 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:00 pm

I notice the the price of the Xi License is $1800 (US). Is this a one time purchase or a yearly fee? If it is a one time purchase then you might consider saying so, as this would make eBase Xi stand out, as a super bargain, compared to other RAD platforms, which charge yearly fees. Does this mean that the 20% Maintenance fee begin the 2nd year?

Also, I'm confused about setting up clustering servers with the Xi Server License. Under the Professional License it says, Sever Limit: 1 and "limited to one hardware server". Then under the Server License it says, Server Limit: Unlimited, but then the pop up text say, "one 2-CPU server". Which is it? Also the pop up text for the Enterprise license is not readable due to it's placement out side of the popup window.

These popup windows in the new web design are nice, but from the here in the US there is about a 3 second delay before the text appears, even with repeated calls. Not a very good first impression.

Also a BIG CONCERN: when eBase Xi becomes more well know and popular, it is very likely license fees are likely to rise. It would be nice to have some kind of statement that new license holders would be grandfathered in at their current rate, if and when prices have to increase down the line.
0 x

Dave
Ebase Staff

Postby Dave » Wed May 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi Paul - sorry for any confusion, and indeed, for the slowness of the pop-ups (we will investigate).

I've sent you a private message...suggest we take a more detailed discussion about licensing offline.

Regards,
Dave
0 x

Paul_22
Ebase User

Postby Paul_22 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Will do. Also, about the popups: the video popups display instantly. It's just the Pricing and FAQ popups that have that delay.
0 x

Paul_22
Ebase User

Postby Paul_22 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Just a quick not for anyone interested in this thread. I found out...

Licences fees are perpetual, and not based on annual subscriptions.
0 x

Dave
Ebase Staff

Postby Dave » Tue May 24, 2016 11:54 am

Yes, for on premise licensing.

NB. we also offer Cloud licensing, which is subscription-based. We have updated the licensing pages on the web site to hopefully make things clearer.
0 x

Dave
Ebase Staff

Postby Dave » Tue May 24, 2016 11:56 am

NB. licensing arrangements for partners are different too. By partners we mean people who distribute Xi licences as part of something they've built for deployment to their customers. This is also explained under the licensing sections
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:09 pm

I was reading the licensing information at http://ebasetech.com/ebase/XI09_GETSTAR ... 5498422267 and found a little mistake under "How much does it cost and what do I get?"

There's a sentence in the paragraph that begins with "You want to build a product and sell to lots of people. " that reads "If they're medium size, say maximum concurrency of 20 for your app then a Professional licence at null,200 will do it."

You guys will probably want to fix that.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:45 am

OK thanks
0 x