ebase 5: Form engine session hasn't been started

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

xren
Ebase User

ebase 5: Form engine session hasn't been started

Postby xren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:36 pm

I installed ebase 5 designer with integrated server and imported a couple of form. One is the login page.

I set the testing server is the integrated local server.

I run the login form, when I click the submit button after fill in user id and password, an exception reported:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Form engine session hasn't been started. This must be carried out in context of Form engine session.

What happened?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Can you post the failure from the server log - it should include a stacktrace. You can display the logs via the Manage Server Icon or by looking in folder UfsClient/IntegratedServer/logs.
0 x

xren
Ebase User

Postby xren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Actually,

it happened when call system.securityManager.logon([["UOHI_SERVICE", fields.USER_ID.value],["UOHI_SERVICE", fields.PASSWORD.value]] );

Error invoking logon system service: com.ebasetech.ws.core.cxf.client.CXFExceptionWrapper: Could not invoke service. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Local destination does not have a MessageObserver on address local://ufs/ebaseLogonService
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:50 pm

The message "Local destination does not have a MessageObserver on address local://ufs/ebaseLogonService" means that there's something wrong with the logon service. The system has been unable to register it as an available service. There may be more messages telling you what's wrong with it in the log. Otherwise, have a look at it in the designer and try and test it.
0 x

xren
Ebase User

Postby xren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi Jon,

There is no more information from server log except this one.

When I directly open this web service and test it as web service it works fine.

I am not sure how to test it as logon service?

Xiaoli
0 x

xren
Ebase User

Postby xren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:36 pm

How can I register a web service as logon service?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:57 pm

If you open the Logon Service in the designer, you see the web service name on the main screen - this should say ebaseLogonService. If you've imported this logon service, I wonder whether just restarting the server would fix it. You can do this from the Manager Server icon when using the Integrated Server.

If you've tested the logon service and it works OK, it should work so long as the web service name is correct. Any errors will be reported on the log when the server starts - this is when the logon service is bound to the web service name.
0 x

xren
Ebase User

Postby xren » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 pm

It works now.

Thank you.
0 x