501 integrated server

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading Ebase, including problems starting up the Ebase Xi Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

501 integrated server

Postby Steve James » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Is it possible to change the name of the integrated server from localhost?

We have some forms that call other servers and we are getting errors

Code: Select all

Failed to set the 'domain' property on 'Document': 'ourdomain.co.uk' is not a suffix of 'localhost'.(anonymous function)
I know I can override the localhost in the browser but that will be a pain moving forward.

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:30 pm

I don't think the integrated server itself cares about the host name. Any name that resolves to the local machine should work OK. Though when testing a form from the designer "localhost" will always be put on the front of the URL - this can't be changed.
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:36 pm

thanks Jon, can this be considered for enhancement via a config option then?

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:14 pm

We could do this but I'm not sure it would solve your problem. If you could change this, it would have to be to something that the browser could resolve to the local system e.g. if it was ourdomain.co.uk that would need to be a unique name within your network - you couldn't have this name on two PCs.
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi, yes exactly, I was thinking about a simple Integrated Server Host name field in the designer preferences.

By default it would be localhost (as external) but people like us could simply set it to the fqdn eg myPC.ourdomain.co.uk

Then forms would open in the browser fully qualified and we wouldn't get the error.

The issue is the form opens as localhost but we have a client ajax call to http://server.ourdomain.co.uk/blahblah hence the whinge.
If I override the url in the browser to be my fqdn of course the error disappears as both form and ajax url are on the same domain.

Thanks
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:44 am

OK, we can look at that.
0 x