Monitor

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Monitor

Postby dvanhussel » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi,

In the Ebase Xi Server Administration Console there is a section called 'Monitor'.

It has one option 'Monitor (Experiemental)'.

Is this something that should work? When I click it (using the default admin user) i get : 'Authorisation Error, You are not authorised to access this service.'

Which right does a user need to be able to use this?

Yes, I know it is marked as experimental, I'm just curious
:D

Regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:23 pm

David,

This monitor is available via a separate URL so we've overdone the security - it allows you to do things like cancel user sessions, garbage collect memory etc. The security is configured in web.xml and by default it only allows access from localhost i.e. the server host. You can configure additional ip addresses and/or named users. For documentation, click the help at the top of the Server admin console, then click the monitor link.

Regards
Jon
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Jon,

The monitor is a great tool and being able to cancel individual sessions is very helpful but there's one difference that I've noticed between Ebase 4 and 5.

In Ebase 4, while in the designer you could go to Help->View Connected Users and see detailed session information including the IP address,session id, username,Form being accessed, connection and last access time.

In Ebase 5, the equivalent of that seems to be the monitor which has some but not all of the same information. The monitor has the session id, last access time and IP address but does not display the username or form. This information is really useful to have. Are there plans to add this to the monitor in a future release ?
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:31 am

Segi,

We know that the session/user/form information is missing from V5. I'll make sure this gets added to the todo list.

Jon
0 x