Beta 2 Database connections

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Segi
Ebase User

Beta 2 Database connections

Postby Segi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:59 pm

I know that with eBase 5, Database connections are now viewed in the web app instead of designer.

I copied my production eBase instance to a new location and did an upgrade to 5. When I go to database connections in the web app, I only see EBASE_SAMPLES and UFS. I am able to log into our Intranet which uses a database connection to verify the user so I know that my existing database connections carried over but I don't see them in the web app.

Is this a bug ? If not, where can I find them ? I don't see them anywhere in the Designer.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 am

Database connections are maintained using the Server Administration Application - which is an Ebase form. You can launch it from the designer using the Tools menu. You should be able to sign on using any valid user - ignore the admin user name provided.
0 x

Segi
Ebase User

Postby Segi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Jon,

As I mentioned before, the Server Admin application is where I was looking at. The database connections there only show EBASE_SAMPLES and UFS.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 pm

All the upgrade has done is convert the V4 Database Connections to xml files and saved them in UfsServer/tomcat/<webapp>/ebaseConf/databases. You might check how many files you have there.

You might also check the type of server you are using with the designer in Designer Preferences > Test Server. This should be configured as Use External Server to use the server that has been upgraded. If it's configured as Integrated Test Server that might explain the problem - the databases for the test server are taken from UfsClient/ebasetest/ebaseConf/databases and this directory will contain just EBASE_SAMPLES and UFS. The test server uses different ports from the external server so it's quite easy to have them both running at the same time - which is guaranteed to cause confusion. When you launch the Server Admin App from the designer it will use the server as configured in Designer Preferences.
0 x