Updating entities when moved

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

Updating entities when moved

Postby Steve James » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:11 pm

After the migration of our DEV environment I created a new folder under Resources\Web_Service_Resources. I then moved a load of the entities into the folder.

The designer took a while to sort out the entities and all appeared fine but it appears that some forms/components haven't been updated. I've sent a screen shot to Ebase Support (support@ebasetech.com)

When I open the form I can see a little red x on the tab but I can't see where to find out what the warning is or is this just shown when there is a resource warning?

Thanks
0 x

dan
Ebase User

Postby dan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Looks like you found a bug :(

The designer should have refactored all of the moved resources in all of your forms which use them, but was unable to determine this information.

They are red in the resources view because the form still expects to find them at their original location, but they are no longer there.

The red x on the tab tells you that there is a problem with the form - specifically there is some configured entity which it can not find. The 'Uses' panel (its under the entity tree on the left-hand side of the screen in your screen shot) will show you all entities that the form is configured to use and will highlight the entities it can no longer find. If the form has this problem when opened, the 'Uses' panel automatically opens, but can be refreshed or open by right-clicking on the form in the entity tree and selecting 'Uses'.

The specific issue with these types of resource not refactoring the forms correctly when moved has been fixed since the beta was released :)
0 x
Dan