Can't open anything in the Designer

Post any questions regarding Installing or Upgrading to V5, including problems starting and using the Ebase Server or Designer

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

LKirby
Ebase User

Can't open anything in the Designer

Postby LKirby » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi,

I was having a look around at the Ebase 5 Beta and seeing whats new but I've run into an issue: When starting the designer (either v4 or v5), only the getting started page is shown, but not the entities panel for v5 or the design tree shown in the v4 designer so I can't open anything. (Creating new resources is fine, but nothing can be opened).

I've tried File -> Preferences -> Restore Defaults and restarting the designer but it still hasn't helped. Is there any other way I can reset the layout of the designer so it works again?

Thanks!
0 x

LKirby
Ebase User

Postby LKirby » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Okay I've got it working again by deleting the folder
C:\Users\<username>\.Ebase
But if the v5 designer and then the v4 designer is opened, the .Ebase folder must be deleted before the either designer will show the design tree/entities list again.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Yes, sorry about this, it's one of the things we have to sort out. For info, you just need to delete the development_tree.layout file within .Ebase when switching between V4/V5.
0 x