Showing which open scripts/forms/etc haven't been saved

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

LKirby
Ebase User

Showing which open scripts/forms/etc haven't been saved

Postby LKirby » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,
When editing a number of scripts and form resources sometimes I'll often forget to save one of them when editing multiple scripts/forms/db resources/style sheets/etc.

I was wondering whether it would be worth having a feature where the name of the open resource would have an '*' after the name of the resource if it has changes that haven't been saved yet.

E.g. if you had a script called 'ADD_USER' and if it hasn't been saved, its name in opened resources bar at the top would say 'ADD_USER*' - it would be much easier to spot which resources haven't been saved yet.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:23 am

We will add this to Version 5, hopefully in the initial release.
0 x

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Postby dvanhussel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi,

Good idea! Something a bit related that I would like is the possibillty to start a form when de designer has focus on a script.

Now, when editing/testing a script, you have to go to the form to start it and go back to the script again to edit after testing.

The script editor allready has a mandatory 'Using form' setting, this would be the form that would be started.

Regards,

David
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:05 pm

A run linked form icon has been added to the script editor toolbar in V5.0. A run form option has also been added to the open items toolbar at the top of the designer. Unfortunately these changes didn't make it into the V5.0 initial release so they will appear in the first service pack.
0 x

Jon

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:00 pm

This is included in V5.1
0 x