Interactive Javascript debugger

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

dvanhussel
Ebase User

Interactive Javascript debugger

Postby dvanhussel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 am

Hi,

A feature that would be really usefull is to be able to interactively debug a running form.

Currently, I mainly debug using print statements. With the recent local testserver of V5 this has become a lot easier, with the 'server log' on the screen.

I think there are especially 2 scenario's that can really benefit from a interactive debugger because, at the moment they can be quite cumbersome at times:

- Using Javascript Objects. It is not easy to output the contents of Objects. When a script thows an exception they can be 'to general' a lot of the time.

- Debugging large(r) forms. When there is a bug on,let's say, page 5. You have to start te form, go through all pages (mandatory fields and uploads :cry: ) only to find that a change you made in the code does not fix the problem...change some code.....completely run the form again...

It would save lots of time if you could set a breakpoint in a script, run the code, see al fields/object values as they are when the breakpoint is hit. Of course it would be really great if it was possible to then change some code and let the scipt run again in the same form session to see the effect of the changes.

Is this something that is on your roadmap for Ebase?
I'm aware that this is not some trivial functionality that can be easily added. But I can always ask :D

Regards,

David
0 x