script / element navigation

Post any suggestions or enhancement requests about the Verj.io platform or this Forum

Moderators: Jon, Steve, Ian, Dave

Steve James
Ebase User

script / element navigation

Postby Steve James » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 pm

In days of old there used to be a script per element. This was good for jumping to the right script but meant for loads of scripts per form.

With JS I can have a single script and process the individual event by checking the name of the event owner.

This is great in that I can have a single JS script but becomes tricky to find the right section of code when reviewing / developing.

In Visual Studio I can get to the code behind a button easily so I'd like something similar to be available in Ebase.

Either making the assumption that my code has the control name in the script? Maybe some sort of comment in the script that points the designer at the bit of code I am interested in? Then I'd be able to have a keyboard shortcut that opens the right script and goes to the right bit of the code.

I accept it may be 80:20 in a successful 'find' but it would make development much faster and especially if we are reviewing an existing form.

Thanks
0 x

Steve James
Ebase User

Postby Steve James » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:22 pm

Search Content is very good, the results are essentially bookmarks.

A couple of suggestions for improvements in relation to my earlier enhancement request.

1 - projects - an option for 'current project'. Establish the project the current object resides in and search within it.

2 - search within current open objects to save having to select from projects and entities.

3 - shortcut to re-search based on existing selection. Good to refresh bookmarks.

Normal search within a script.

4 - option to produce the search results / bookmarks.

thanks
0 x